Wood Vinegar collection from charcoal
Wood Vinegar is a by product of charcoal production. It is a liquid (pyroligneous acid) generated from the gas and combustion of fresh wood burning in an airless condition. When the gas is cooled, it condenses into liquid. Raw wood vinegar has more than 200 chemicals such as acetic acid, formaldehyde, methanol and tarot. Wood vinegar is safe to living matters in the food chain, especially insects that help pollinate plants. But is slightly toxic to fish and very toxic to plants if too much is applied.
2 . Pile the woods in a conical shape mount.
3. Cover the woods with agricultural waste materials and when with clay mud.
4. Cover all the holes to create airless condition.
5. Burn the woods from the top and it allow for one day.
6. Next day place a 2’’ &amp; 4’’ feet long pipe 2 feet from the top.
7. Cover the GI pipe with moisture gunny bags to condense the gas generated from the combustion of
8. Place a plastic vessel to collect the wood vinegar from the GI pipe.
9. A charcoal manufacture can get 75 lits of raw wood vinegar, If the burn one tones of wood.
10. Approximately he can get 200-225 lits of raw wood vinegar from a single charcoal production
11. Leave this wood vinegar for 3 month to become silted and this vinegar will turn yellow like vegetable oil and the tar will be silted in the bottom. Collect this tar and oil after 3 month.
|Gas (10465 KJ / m 2||140 m 2|
|Methyl alcohal||10 Lits|
|Acetic Acid||53 Lits|
|Wood oil & Light Tar||76 Lits|
(Source : Mr. Ravi Kumar, Anila Stove)
Blend with water in a ratio (1:50 ) ( 1 liter vinegar and 50 liters water) spray it over plant shoots. Wood vinegar, like hormone will be absorbed into twigs and leaves. Plants will be stronger and leaves will be greener resistant to pests and diseases.
1 . Beneficiary can produce wood vinegar from branches trimmed from trees.
2. Wood vinegar is safe to human, animals, plants and environment.
3. Wood vinegar helps plants to grow better and stronger, and resistant to pests and diseases.
4. Crop produce is high quality and sage.
5. Low cost of production attributed to savings from cost of chemicals
6. Eliminates pests and controls plant growth.
7. Accelerates the growth of roots, stems, tubers, leaves and flowers.